This part of the region covers everything from Inglewood in the west to Tungkillo in the east; Kersbrook and Mt Crawford Forest in the north to Lobethal in the south.The Northern Adelaide Hills is best accessed from Adelaide via Gorge Road, Lower North East Road, or North East Road – all incredibly scenic drives. Base yourself here for easy day trips across the Adelaide Hills, Barossa or Eden Valley Wine Regions. The Murray River is just 30 minutes away where scenic cliffs and Red Gums line the river banks and make a fantastic location for lunch or a swim.
- National Motor Museum in Birdwood, home to an excellent collection of vintage and classic vehicles, and motoring memorabilia. The Museum is an international centre for the collection, research, preservation, education and display of Australian road transport history. http://motor.history.sa.gov.au/
- Top of the Torrens Art Gallery
- Mt Crawford Forest, extensive network of walking & Biking trails, Adelaide Hills & Barossa views, Gold & Gem fossicking. See Forestry SA for details
- The Big Rocking Horse and Toy Factory at Gumeracha, wildlife park and buy quality hand made wooden toys
- Gorge Wildlife Park at Cudlee Creek, native and exotic animals including daily koala holding
- Premium wineries and Regional Cellar Doors just minutes away.
- Norton Summit with a rich history, excellent bush walking, Sinclair’s Gully bush reserve
Local Experiences and Wineries:
Adelaide Hills Chauffeured Limousines
Raymond & Damien
Ph 0481 599 976, email; Hills_chauffeur@outlook.com