Since 1965 millions of people have enjoyed discovering their motoring heritage at the National Motor Museum, Birdwood, South Australia. As an international centre for the collection, research, preservation, education and display of Australian road transport history, the National Motor Museum is much more than a collection of vehicles. It is a social history of the way we were, the way we are now and the way of the future. http://motor.history.sa.gov.au/.
This part of the region covers everything from Inglewood in the west to Tungkillo in the east; Kersbrook and Mt Crawford Forest in the north to Lobethal in the south.The Northern Adelaide Hills is best accessed from Adelaide via Gorge Road, Lower North East Road, or North East Road – all incredibly scenic drives. Base yourself here for easy day trips across the Adelaide Hills, Barossa or Eden Valley Wine Regions. The Murray River is just 30 minutes away where scenic cliffs and Red Gums line the river banks and make a fantastic location for lunch or a swim.
- National Motor Museum in Birdwood, home to an excellent collection of vintage and classic vehicles, and motoring memorabilia
- The Big Rocking Horse and Toy Factory at Gumeracha, climb the giant rocking horse, wildlife park and quality wooden toys to buy
- Gorge Wildlife Park at Cudlee Creek for native and exotic animals including daily koala holding
- Premium wineries and Regional Cellar Doors just minutes away.
- Norton Summit with a rich history, excellent bush walking, Sinclair’s Gully bush reserve.
- Mountain biking just minutes away in Mt Crawford Forest and Fox Creek Mountain Bike Park
- Morialta Conservation Park for seasonal waterfalls, extensive network of walking trails, views of the Adelaide Plains and rock-climbing.
Local Experiences and Wineries:
Adelaide Cycling Tours and Bike Hire Specialises.
Bike About has been providing Adelaide, Adelaide Hills, Barossa Valley, Kangaroo Island & Flinders Ranges with the very finest in Cycling & Bike hire services since 1995. Over the years Jack & his Team with his locally owned and operated company has built a reputation for quality, expertise, and customer service of which we are very proud of.